Monday, January 23, 2012

Dear Caroline:

Today you are two months old. I meant to sit down and write a little something after you were born and when you were a month old, but, quite honestly, baby girl, you wore me out and I could barely string together enough coherent thoughts to get through the day.

Either you've gotten easier, though, or your dad and I have figured you out. We can now set you down long enough to shower or eat or do a load of dishes or laundry and you will kick or coo contentedly. And you sleep! Kind of. When you feel like it. But it's still better than the waking up ever hour stuff you were pulling before.

You make the best noises - cooing, squealing, squeaking and something that sounds an awful lot like a giggle. You smile, too, this great big gummy grin that never fails to make your dad and I laugh like idiots and try to get you to do it again.

I went back to work today, which was hard, much harder than I thought it would be. But you and your dad hung out and I know you guys will be great together once you get a rhythm and a routine figured out.

You are so loved, baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment